Waxing is the most common method of hair removal in spas today.
Hair on any part of the body or face can be waxed. Warm wax is applied to the area and then removed, bringing the hair with it. There are two types of wax: hard and soft. Hard wax, which is easier on delicate skin, is often used on the face, underarms, and bikini area. Soft wax is used on the legs, arms, back, and chest.
Waxing reduces hair growth when performed at regular 30-day intervals. Because waxing pulls the hair out by the root, it grows back softer, finer, and thinner. The more you wax, the less hair grows back.
Waxing should not be performed if you have particularly sensitive skin, because it pulls off a couple of layers of skin cells along with the hair. Waxing can cause tenderness and swelling. In addition, some medications will cause the skin to react badly to waxing. Don’t wax if you’re taking Retin-A, Accutane, or any type of acne prescription.
How to get a great wax
1. Allow hair to grow 3-4 weeks prior to waxing! (4's better)
2. Do not use lotion or oil on the day of waxing or after your last shower prior to your appointment
3. Take a shower if possible, just prior to your appointment. Hot water opens pores and allows hair to come out easy, making it less painful for you.
4. Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate, we offer products for sale that are safe to use before waxing.
5. Use a topical numbing product - especially for bikini and Brazilian waxing clients. Relax N Wax No Scream Cream can reduce waxing pain up to 80%! Must be applied 45 minutes prior to your appoinment.
6. Take a pain reliever 30- 45 minutes before your appointment if you’re worried about pain.
7. Keep bumps away! After waxing, we suggest using Relax & Wax, post-wax treatment, Get the Bump Outta Here. No one wants to go through all that pain and trouble to have bumps and ugly ingrown hairs. It comes in a bottle with a rolling ball applicator — super easy to use! It is highly effective yet gentle on the skin.
9. Do not wax directly before your period. Skin is often more sensitive during the time near your period, so to reduce pain your appointment shouldn't be any closer than a couple of days before your period.
10. No heat for 24 hours after your wax. That includes exercise, tanning beds, hot tubs, etc. For intimate waxing, you will want to avoid sexual intercourse for 24 hours as well.